Pregnancy is a new phase in life. It is state of mixed emotions even,your physical levels also vary to great extent either supercharged or very low. Now here exercises have a great role to play, which improves your physical and mental state as well. For years women were urged to cut down on or even avoid exercise during pregnancy. Doctors feared of unknown risk which may arise from exercises. Fortunately, the tide has turned.
There are many benefits of exercises to you and to your baby
1) It makes you feel better by releasing endorphins (natural chemicals in brain). This makes you more confident about yourself to take up a new responsibility and change in life.
2) It relieves backaches and improves your posture by toning muscles in your back, buttocks, and thighs.
3) Exercises also eases the common ailments like cramps, swollen feet, heel pain, etc.
4) Exercises help you sleep better by relieving the stress and anxiety.
5) Regular exercises for minimum 10-15 minutes helps to reduce constipation by accelerating movement in your intestine. This will take of your nausea and reduced hunger.
6) The very important role of exercises in delivery is, it prepares you and your body for birth - Strong muscles and a fit heart can greatly ease labor. Gaining control over your breathing can help you manage pain. And in the event of a lengthy labor, increased endurance can be a real help.
7) You can avoid unnecessary excessive fat deposition with exercises. So, you can also get back to your pre-pregnant weight, lose fat and improve fitness early after delivery.
8) Exercise improves baby's ability to fight with stress from outside atmosphere after delivery. It also improves oxygen and glucose supply to the baby making it healthier.
Combine cardio exercises with body toning work outs. Toning will include exercises to strengthen abs, back, thighs and also chest and arms. This will help you avoid the agony of joint pains and to maintain good posture. Stretching is highly recommended in pregnancy. It is relaxing and will take care of muscles tightness. The Kegel's exercises are meant to develop strength in pelvic floor muscles, the muscles which support womb, bladder and bowel. Developing good strength in these muscles improves ability to control and relax these muscles better this prepares you for labor and delivery. We at Cura take care of each and every aspect of pregnancy exercises. Also help you get back to pre-pregnant posture and tone in few months time.
- Exercise Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Electro Therapy
- Matrix Rhythm Therapy
- Ergonomic Counselling
- Postural Correction
- Kinesiology Taping
- Dry Needling
- Online Consultation
- Home Physiotherapy Services
- Old Age Care
- Pre And Post Natal Care
- Vascular Care
DR. SUPRIYA ANTARKAR JOSHI
She understands that injuries and pain make normal activities difficult often making life more stressful.
DR. Sapana Charde
She has completed her Bachelor's in Physiotherapy from V.S.P.M's College of Physiotherapy, Nagpur (2019).
DR. Rajvi Doshi
She is associated with Cura for over a year. She is an enthusiastic and a hard working Physiotherapist.
DR. Shivani Jahagirdar
She is associated with Cura over a year. Her fields of interest are Orthopaedic and sports rehabilitation and teaching fitness.
DR.Ankita Mehta Thorat
She has a keen interest in Post Traumatic Rehabilitation and Joint Replacements.
She is with CURA since then. She is certified dry needling , kinesiology taping and pilates practitioner.